Veronica Blue sells creamy keto hot cereal on Amazon. In her third month, her revenue was $10,000. She was off to a great start. Now, less than one year after launching DTC, she wants to sell through wholesale channels and has set her sight on Wholefoods (can’t blame her, their stores are fab). But, what Veronica wanted to know was, HOW? How was she going to make that transition to finding retail buyers to pitch to instead of consumers who find her on Amazon?
What steps did she need to take in order to successfully go from selling DTC to wholesale? How could she make the most of the 5.53% growth rate opportunity in her category? What did she need to prepare in order to pitch to a retail buyer? How could she present her offer differently and get cut-through?
Wholesale is a different kettle of fish to DTC, so where do you start?
Listen to my coaching session with Veronica and the advice I give her on how to develop a wholesale solution. And heads up, my advice ultimately did not focus on Wholefoods. Listen to the episode about how I worked with Veronica to identify a bigger opportunity and why it could just be a much better opportunity (profitable) for her brand.
This is what you’ll learn:
- How to present value to a retailer so they take notice of your pitch;
- Why your offer needs to provide incremental revenue to a retailer and how to do that; and
- Why you miss out on lucrative opportunities if you just focus on the same retailers everyone else does. Learn how to play a much bigger game and think outside the typical retail opportunities everyone else thinks about.
LINKS & RESOURCES
- Phenomenal Foods Co. Amazon page
- Phenomenal Foods Co. Instagram
- IamVeronicaBlue Instagram
- Midday Squares Instagram
- Masterclass and Scaling Workbook
- Waitlist for Foodpreneurs Formula®
If you haven’t listened to episode 27 (47.30 mins), Getting sales through a major retailer when you’ve got a lot of competition., listen here.
And, I invite you to come and join my community of female foodpreneurs, and catch up on the conversations, in Kiosk. For Women in Food and Drink, my free Facebook group.
This episode is brought to you by Foodpreneurs Formula®, my business acceleration coaching program for packaged food and drink brand owners ready to scale; and my free on-demand masterclass that gives you the framework to help you navigate your scaling journey.